Paediatric First Aid (12hr) EYFS Compliant & OFSTED Recognised.
“ABC Medical Services understand your childcare first aid training needs, this course will
meet those needs and is ideal for you”
My Paediatric First Aid Courses are my most popular courses. I have always
specialised in this training. The course will provide all practitioners with the confidence to deal with emergencies involving the children in their care. The course is very informal and relaxed and
has been enjoyed by thousands of people over the years.
My guarantee to you is that your
training will be worthwhile and fun.
This 12hr course is a requirement of all Childcare Practitioners who
require registration by OFSTED, this includes Childminders, Nannies, Nursery Practitioners, Pre School and After School Club Staff. The course is also suitable for Security / Close Protection
Officers who may have to deal with Paediatric emergencies.
Topics covered on this course include:
- Incident management
- Assessing Paediatric casualties
- Management of the unconscious casualty
- Resuscitation of babies and children
- Airway obstruction
- Management of the Asthmatic child
- Control of severe bleeding
- Management of the epileptic and convulsive child
- Head injuries
- Anaphylactic shock and the use of an Epi Pen & Jext Pen
- Burns and scalds
- Eye injuries
- Sickle cell
- Heat exhaustion
This course meets the criteria required by The Department for Education
and Skills (DFES). On successful completion a nationally recognised qualification valid for three years will be awarded. To book on to any of these courses please complete the form
below. This course can also be run at your location for group bookings.
Paediatric First Aid for Schools (6hr)
Our 6hr course is ideal for teaching
and non-teaching staff. This course is recognised by OFSTED. The course can be run at your location or at our training centre.
Topics covered include:
- Incident Management
- Assessing an Unresponsive Casualty.
- The Recovery Position
- Resuscitation and use of the School Defibrillator if available.
- Asthma and Hyperventilation
- Control of Severe Bleeding
- Anaphylaxis and Epi Pen, Jext Pen and Emerade Pen use.
- All other topics requested
This course is available on demand,
please contact our office for further information.